Ignoring data-driven marketing means that you miss out on sales opportunities, period. Do you know if your audience actually values your content? Are you guilty of any of these marketing mistakes?
- Sending out emails without checking the open and click-through rates of previous campaigns.
- Producing blog content before conducting proper keyword research or failing to measure and optimize using analytics.
- Creating webinar content without researching and tailoring your strategy to appeal to your ideal customers and leads.
Content marketing is challenging, keeping up with the pace of production and measurement can be difficult, but it’s not impossible. The analytics built into modern marketing platforms give you insights necessary to improve your content, such as:
- If the leads in your lists actually open your emails or click on anything inside of them.
- How long visitors read your blogs, watch your videos, or stay in your webinar.
- If clients actually download the lead magnets that you’ve made for their benefit.
Data-Driven Marketing Informs Content and Lead Scoring
Producing genuinely useful content is simple if you know how your content performs on a regular basis. Start by focusing on the free content you provide at the top of your funnel:
- Social Posts
- Lead Magnets
- Cornerstone Pages
These content tactics are great for engagement, but how are exactly are you measuring and leveraging the insights about that content? For example, is there any follow-up with prospective leads after showing interest in your free content?
There is a difference between an individual interested in your content (a Market-Qualified Lead) and an engaged prospect (a Sales-Qualified Lead). Locate these SQLs by flagging leads who ask questions during your webinars or download your lead magnets.
But what do you do with the leads once you’ve located them?
The Power Of Integration
It is imperative to ensure that this information is stored in your CRM in a way that makes sense. You can do this by segmenting your sales list into leads who are just learning about your service (cold leads) and people who are ready to buy (hot leads). Just remember that there’s a wold of nurturing, progression, and lead scoring in between those two stages.
Use the power of integration and lead scoring in combination with your top content to know which lead needs a sales follow-up and which one needs to go back into the marketing funnel. That’s the essence of data-driven marketing.
For instance, take a well-performing case study and turn it into a webinar. Measure the performance of leads by watch time, questions asked, and resources downloaded. This gives you the ability to see what truly interests your leads as a group and on an individual level.
In this video, we will go over 3 methods to ensure that you are creating a pipeline of sales-qualified leads from your webinars.
How To Leverage Data-Driven Marketing in Webinars
- Locating Sales-Qualified Leads: Who downloads your lead magnets, or shows an active commercial intent for your content?
- Integration (start at 1:47): Ensure that the webinar data in your marketing tools makes sense for your sales team.
- A/B Testing (start at 3:26): Identify which content outperforms the rest and dig into the analytics.
Looking for more useful resources to level up your lead segmentation and increase relevance? We’ve assembled a list of the best content from industry leaders:
- Create a Segmentation with Marketo
- Segmentation Rules with Salesforce
- Creating Segments with Oracle Eloqua
- Market Segmentation with Microsoft Dynamics
Stay tuned for more updates on how to leverage your webinars to convert viewers into buyers. Your customers want to know everything about your product before they ever talk to a salesperson, so tune in for the expert breakdown on how a multimedia hub addresses new B2B buying behaviours.